We all know how social networking helps us connect with people from all over the world. It helps us meet new people and stay in touch with our old friends. But what most people don’t realize is that career networking is equally important and useful. In today’s times, having a strong professional network can ease down your job hunting experience. So, what is networking and why is it useful when looking for a job?
Well, career networking makes you come across more job opportunities. Whenever any employer or recruiter in your network posts a job requirement, you get to know about it within a few hours. This way, it speeds up your job search process. Nevertheless, you still have to know how to use your network to get a job, particularly in these pandemic days. Through this blog, we will share some useful and easy-to-implement job networking tips with you. So, take a look below.
How to improve your career networking game?
- Informal networking: Before you start reaching out to your formal contacts, it would be better if you get in touch with people you personally know. They can be your friends, colleagues, neighbours, or any casual acquaintance. Your network’s actual size is much bigger than what you think. Adding these people to your network can help you grow its size in a short amount of time. Moreover, you don’t have to develop a strategy at the time of approaching them. So, it can be done in a casual way.
- Formal networking: When we talk about professional networking tips, a major part of our focus should go towards formal networking. It mainly involves reaching out to people you come across via social events, associations, and meetings. Like we know, the COVID times have made it difficult for everyone to participate in social events and meetings. This is where you can harness the power of online job portals like TrustLogics. Platforms like these allow you to connect with the potential employers/recruiters minus any fuss.
- Set your availability status: Having a strong professional network isn’t enough. You also have to let the recruiters know about your availability to a new job. So, if you are open to new opportunities, how are you going to tell the recruiters? Well, this is why one should choose from the best online job sites. The top sites offer you a feature called “job availability status” button. Once you turn it on, every recruiter in your network will get notified about your status, and they would be more willing to approach you for the job roles.
- Evaluate your network: How can one create networking for getting a good job? This is where the quality of your professional network matters. From time to time, one must evaluate the quality, which can be done by adding only those recruiters that are related to your domain or industry. There is no point having connections with recruiters from the hospitality industry if you work in the telecom sector. So the core point is to connect with relevant recruiters only.
- Stay active: Once you have built a strong network on any of the top job networking sites, it is equally important to engage with others in the network. Post something relevant at least once in a month, or comment on others’ post to start a conversation. It is one of the best professional networking tips you would get to hear from the experts.
In addition to them, there are many other tips you can follow to improve your networking strategies for job search. In these COVID times, you must harness the power of online sites for moving your career ahead. TrustLogics can be your trusted partner in your job search. Check out their website to know more.